WASABI Creation is primarily a consultancy bridging Japan and Singapore in areas of business and cultural exchange, but they also organise some interesting events. This one especially piqued my interest because it’s about farming and agricultural techniques – and Japan. Also I’ve sampled Chitose Agriculture Initiative’s produce before, and I found it very sweet and delicious.
According to the event write up, the speaker, Mr Kengo Fukui will cover the following:
- Interesting trends and stories about agriculture in Japan
- Introduce the “Farm-to-Table” concept, where each prefecture creates their own vegetable and fruits brand
- Secrets of how famers in Japan can produce one of the best quality fruits and vegetable in the world
- His observations in Singapore on Organic, Urban farming
- Problems of agriculture & biotechnology in Singapore and SEA and experiences from their own farming in Cameron Highlands
- This company’s philosophy and the latest biotechnology its has developed in bringing high quality produces from Japan to Southeast Asia and the rest of the world
This talk is happening next week and I’ve already booked my seat. The organiser, Tong, was kind enough to extend a special discount to urban farmers, so instead of the very early bird price of $40 or full ticket price of $50, pay $35 when you email him at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header “The Tender Gardener group discount“, remember to include your name and company name. The price includes refreshments of beer and wine, and there will be some Japanese food at the event, including onigiri, as well as fruit and veg tasting. To view the full event write up, see here!
If you’re going, see you there!