I love my veggies fresh, organic, local, and from my backyard if available. Also, I’m not fond of packaging. But not much is growing in my Singapore garden, so it makes perfect sense for me to get a box of veggies delivered instead.
When making a choice of who to order from, I went with Green Circle Eco Farm because I had visited their premises some months back and wanted to support Evelyn, whose gentle spirit I love. I also like their farming philosophy of not using greenhouses to keep it as close as possible to how nature intended it. Not that I have anything against greenhouses.
If you are looking to get a box of organic veggies delivered, you might want to try one of the following. Some of their produce is imported, so if you wish to have a low carbon footprint, opt for locally harvested veggies:
1. Zenxin Organic – For quite a while now, my parents have been buying Zenxin Organic from Cold Storage supermarkets, and their produce isn’t too bad. For their online store, the minimum order is $50 worth, and delivery costs $10 if your purchase doesn’t exceed $150. You can also visit their physical store at Blk14 Pasir Panjang Wholesale Centre #01-25, which even stocks condiments. A cabbie recently recommended that I visit the store, saying it’s pretty cheap and he often shops there.
2. Green Valley Farms – I visited their premises recently and was pretty impressed by the owner’s commitment to organic farming. The minimum order is $30, but the website doesn’t stipulate if there is a delivery fee. Worth a try!
3. Quan Fa Organic Farm – I am a regular customer at Real Food, and sometimes customer at Lins Smoodees, both of which cook/juice with Quan Fa’s vegetables, so I have tried their produce and it’s pretty tasty. There is no minimum order but delivery is free once your purchase exceeds $50. Their vegetables also come highly recommended by some of my friends.
4. SuperNature – A bit on the pricier side, and they import a lot of their food but they have an amazing variety of food items. Order a Farm Box which they will choose and pack for you, or choose your own. Deliveries are free for orders above $70, otherwise they charge a $20 delivery fee. Do check out their impressive store at 21 Orchard Boulevard #01-21/27 Park House, they also have a smaller store at 290 Orchard Road #B1-20A Paragon. I had a good chat to the store manager at Park House once, nice guy!
5. Green Circle Eco Farm – I’ve only made one order to date and it’s very fresh. The minimum order is $30 worth of veggies. I spent $35.20 for all the produce in the photo above, including a $5 delivery fee. If you wish to view the farm like I have, make sure to ask Evelyn first, as they don’t encourage drop-ins, like most farms.
Try them out and let me know how you go!