Unveiled just a year ago, the Edible Demonstration Garden at Jurong Lake Gardens presents a unique spectacle of edible landscaping. Here, you can find an interesting variety of crops, grown using sustainable, pest management methods. Beyond a mere garden, it serves as an interactive learning space for those keen on edible gardening in Singapore.
The garden’s design incorporates various growing structures, such as planter boxes and trellises, which serve multiple purposes. These structures are raised to ensure that the root zone of the plants remains above the high water table, preventing waterlogging and promoting healthy growth.
Searching for places on where to buy compost in Singapore? Here is a list of places that retail compost as well as vermicompost. Both are beneficial soil amendments that can help improve your plants’ soil condition and they are always good to have at home if you want to put together a soil-less potting mix. Read on to find out more!
If you are looking for places where you can buy garden soil in Singapore, the good news is that soil products are readily available islandwide. In this post I will share where you can buy different types of soil for your different gardening needs.
When buying soil, it’s important to know what kind of soil you are looking for in the first place. What plant is it meant for? For ornamental plants, there are potting mixes available for succulents, begonias, and aroids. For herbs and vegetables, you can buy soil for seed raising, green leafy vegetables or a general potting mix. If you are growing trees outdoors, there is garden soil for that purpose. For the more adventurous gardeners, you can mix your own soil too.
To find out where to buy garden soil in Singapore, read on to discover the various brands you can buy online and in-store.
Looking for where you can buy raised garden beds and outdoor planters in Singapore? Here you will find a list of the best places to get them, so you can get started on your gardening project right away. I have also included a couple of contacts who can custom make garden beds of your preferred size.
Raised garden beds and outdoor planters are a neat, aesthetic and ergonomic way to grow foliage plants, flowers and vegetables. They are often easy to assemble and maintain, making them a popular choice for gardeners of all levels of experience. So, where should you go to buy raised garden beds in Singapore? Read on for my top recommendations!
Benefits of raised garden beds
There are many benefits to using raised garden beds, including:
1. . They can allow for better drainage than traditional in-ground gardens if there is a water logging issue in your garden, therefore your plants will be less susceptible to root rot and other moisture-related problems.
2. Raised beds can be used to create a more attractive garden space by adding some height and visual interest.
3. They can be placed on any level surface, including patios or decks, making them ideal for small spaces or areas with poor soil conditions.
4. Raised beds are more ergonomic and better for your back as you will not have to bend as low.
5. If you have heavy metals in your garden soil or have reason to believe that the soil in your garden is toxic, using a raised garden bed will help circumvent this issue.