Agy and I are back for another beeswax wrap workshop in March, at a new venue!
Looking for a safe, natural and reusable alternative to plastic wrap and aluminium foil? Join us for this fun, hands on workshop to learn how to make your own zero-waste beeswax food storage wraps for use at home! These perfect for encasing freshly cut fruit and vegetables, and sealing a variety of cooked food, and sauces in containers.
We are pleased to collaborate with Funan for this session. During this 2 hour session, textile artist, Agatha “Agy” Lee, and self sufficiency advocate, Olivia Choong, will guide you step by step in preparing a delicately scented beeswax mixture for application on any natural fabric, and evenly setting the mixture to create a beautiful beeswax wrap, ready for you to take home for immediate use!
Once you learn how simple it is to make your own beeswax wraps, you will no longer wish to buy (and throw) plastic wrap and aluminium foil.
Each ticket is priced at $75 per participant, and includes all materials. Limited seats available, so book your spot today!
What will I learn?
We will teach you how to make your own beeswax wraps.
- Adequate preparation of beeswax mixture
- Even application on cloth
- Uniformly setting the mixture on cloth
- How to choose and prepare cloth for beeswax application
All materials provided!
- Pine rosin
- Jojoba oil
- 2 sets pre-cut cloth per participant (one 5″ x 5″ for a mug and one 9″ x 9″ for a bowl)
What to expect?
In this 2 hour interactive session, expect a fun learning experience:
- Hands-on learning with both facilitators
- Relaxing, cosy and supportive environment
- Minimum 5 pax to conduct the workshop
Date: 25 March 2018
Time: 11am – 1pm
Venue: Funan Showsuite, Junction of High Street and Hill Street
RSVP: Book your seat here! Only a few spots left!